Luan Krasniqi

BOXING NEWS AND VIDEOS
Red n'black I dress eagle on my chest. It's good to be ALBANIAN.
Keep my head up high for that flag I die. I'm proud to be ALBANIAN.
The Boxing Legend from the Land of the Eagles
This is a fan blog!

Search
Luan Krasniqi Menu
Official Rating Sites
Boxing Sites
LUAN KRASNIQI (30-3-1)

NEXT FIGHT: Krasniqi vs Dimitrenko, 15th November 2008, Burg-Waechter Castello, Düsseldorf, Germany ON!

LAST FIGHT: Krasniqi vs Thompson, 14 July 2007, Hamburg, Germany!

televised live by ZDF German Channel. Luan lost by TKO round (5)!
You can contribute by leaving your comments! Kontribuoni duke lene komentin tuaj (kritikat poashtu) shqip apo anglisht!
Q&A:Luan Krasniqi (by Fabian Weber)
Saturday, April 22, 2006
By Fabian Weber (fightnews.com)
21st April 2006

WBO #2 heavyweight contender Luan Krasniqi is nearing the end of his preparations in his hometown of Rotweil, Germany, for his bout next weekend in Stuttgart against David Bostice. However, even though he is fully concentrated on Bostice, the former European champion is looking with subliminal interest to neighboring Mannheim where his former amateur rival Wladimir Klitschko challenges Chris Byrd for his IBF world heavyweight championship.

Tomorrow is the world championship fight between Wladimir Klitschko and Chris Byrd. Most experts see Klitschko as a clear favorite. You also?

I think that Wladimir can win the fight also. On account of his physical limitations, Byrd is somebody who can build up no pressure. So Wladimir, who often breaks under pressure, will not be endangered by his biggest weakness. But we don't know how strong Wladimir is currently. There can also absolutely be a big surprise that Wladimir, in spite of all expectations, doesn't get it done.

Byrd stated, he became five years wiser, Wladimir is however only five years older. Do you agree?

This is only only the typical talk which is done before a fight. Maturity there or here...certainly Wladimir has also gone through something during the past five years. You must take such statements before fights with care, because they don't always correspond to the truth.

Krasniqi against Klitschko - would that be an attractive goal for both you and the boxing fans?

I've openly said it would not be so attractive for me. For me now Krasniqi against Bostice is attractive, because that is my next goal. And I must first win and get past that healthy. A fight against Wladimir is currently not a goal of mine. However if it comes, I would certainly be glad. At present however I do not regard Wladimir as a challenge. He must first learn again to stand correctly on his legs. Against Samuel Peter you saw him get dropped again. [Note: Klitschko defeated Peter in September 2005 over twelve rounds on points, however he was knocked down three times.]

Does that mean that against you Wladimir would also be toppled?

I would not like to state necessarily that against me Wladimir would be knocked down. But he is not yet over the hump. The last few fights he has been rocked to his bones and he needs some fights to fully regenerate. For the moment Wladimir is not simply in my calculations. But naturally such things can change quickly.

Should Wladimir defeat Byrd and become IBF world champion, where you are not rated, do you think Wladimir would defend his title against you in a voluntary defense?

That I really cannot say. This kind of speculation I leave to the press. I am actually a type who thinks differently than many. I don't want to say anything now. I must successfully handle my challenge on April 29. In general, I'm ready to box against anyone. I don't desire any specific opponents. Against Wladimir there is simply not the incentive. He should first become world champion. On the way there, he has a heavy stepping stone ahead of him tomorrow.

In the WBO rankings you are #2. Is WBO champion Sergei Lyakhovich the obvious fight?

That is correct - if I think so far ahead at all. I have already had to learn the hard way against Saleta. At that time I looked far into the future and wanted within the next few fights to become a world champion. First comes my fight on April 29 against Bostice and then we'll continue to see. In the long run, a fight against Lyakhovich is unavoidable.

How disappointed are you that Lamon Brewster is no longer WBO champion?

I have already often said that I wanted a rematch against Brewster because of the pain it caused me to lose the way I did, but Lyakhovich came before me. It was a big disappointment. But in the heavyweight division anyone can lose. And now I'm lined up to go against Lyakhovich, the man who defeated Brewster. That would be a good challenge.

What will you be doing during the last eight days up to the fight in Stuttgart?

Yesterday I have had my final sparring and that went very well, just as my whole training has. I had very good results and everything ran easily. On Monday and Tuesday I will train a little more intensely, and then reduce everything from Wednesday. Then I'll try to settle down and regenerate my strength.

Tickets for the April 29 event are available online or call +49 040 / 69 65 59 59

Leni komentin tuaj me poshte!
posted by Eagle @ Saturday, April 22, 2006  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
CURRENT TIME TOP 50 HEAVYWEIGHT BOXERS (in A-Z order):
Andrew Golota, Audley Harrison, Brian Minto, Calvin Brock, Chris Byrd, Danny Williams, David Tua, DaWarryl Williamson, Dominick Guinn, Evander Holyfield, Fres Oquendo, Hasim Rahman, Henry Akinwande, Jameel McCline, James Toney, Joe Mesi, John Ruiz, Juan Carlos Gomez, Kevin McBride, Kirk Johnson, Lamon Brewster, Lance Whitaker, Larry Donald, Lawrence Clay Bey, Leo Nolan, Luan Krasniqi, Malik Scott, Matt Skelton, Michael Grant, Mike Tyson, Monte Barrett, Nicolay Valuev, Oleg Maskaev, Oliver McCall, Owen Beck, Paolo Vidoz, Ray Austin, Riddick Bowe, Ruslan Chagaev, Samuel Peter, Sergei Liakhovich, Shannon Briggs, Sinan Samil Sam, Sultan Ibragimov, Tony Thompson, Tye Fields, Vassiliy Jirov, Vitali Klitschko, Vladimir Virchis, Wladimir Klitschko...

TOPSITES
Recent Posts
Archives
Partner Sites
Powered by